- Who is MTEM’s transfer agent?
PO Box 358015
Pittsburgh, PA 15252
- What is a transfer agent?
- A transfer agent and registrar for a publicly held company keeps records of every outstanding stock certificate and the name of the person to whom it is registered. When stock changes hands, the transfer agent transfers the ownership of the stock from the seller's name to the buyer's name. The registrar reconciles all transfer records and makes sure that the number of shares debited is equal to the number of shares credited. The Company's transfer agent is Computershare.
The transfer agent does not maintain records of shares bought and sold through brokerage accounts. Those records are maintained by the specific brokerages through which the shares are bought and sold.
- When did Molecular Templates go public?
- Molecular Templates went public on August 1st, 2017
- Do you have another question that hasn’t been answered?
- For more information, or if your questions have not been answered, you can use our Information Request page.
- Has Molecular Templates ever had a Stock Split?
- Yes, on August 1, 2017, we completed a 1:11 reverse stock split of our common stock immediately prior to the closing of our reverse merger, as explained below.
During the year ended December 31, 2017, Molecular Templates, Inc., took certain organizational actions that affected the basis of holders of our securities. Prior to August 1, 2017, the name of the Company was Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Threshold”). On August 1, 2017, Threshold completed its business combination with Molecular Templates, Inc. (“Private Molecular” when referred to prior to the Merger) in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and Plan of Merger and Reorganization, dated as of March 16, 2017, by and among Threshold, Trojan Merger Sub, Inc. (“Merger Sub”), and Private Molecular (the “Merger Agreement”), pursuant to which Merger Sub merged with and into Private Molecular, with Private Molecular surviving as a wholly owned subsidiary of Threshold. On August 1, 2017, in connection with, and prior to the completion of, the Merger, Threshold effected a 1:11 reverse stock split of its common stock (the “Reverse Stock Split”), and on August 1, 2017, immediately after completion of the Merger, Threshold changed its name to “Molecular Templates, Inc.” Following the completion of the Merger, the business conducted by Molecular Templates, Inc. became primarily the business conducted by Private Molecular.
For accounting purposes, Private Molecular is considered to have acquired Threshold in the Merger. Private Molecular was determined to be the accounting acquirer based upon the terms of the Merger and other factors including: (i) Private Molecular stockholders owned approximately 65.6% of the combined company immediately following the closing of the Merger and (ii) Private Molecular management held all key positions in the management of the combined company.
Under the terms of the Merger Agreement, and after giving effect to the Reverse Stock Split, each outstanding share of Private Molecular capital stock was converted into the right to receive approximately 7.7844 shares of Threshold common stock (the “Exchange Ratio”). In addition, Threshold assumed all outstanding options to purchase shares of Private Molecular common stock, which were exchanged for options to purchase shares of Threshold common stock, in each case appropriately adjusted based on the Exchange Ratio. Threshold also assumed the 2009 Stock Plan. Immediately after the Merger, there were 18,164,801 shares of common stock outstanding.
The Form 8937 included below summarizes the impact of those changes.
2017 IRS Form 8937